15 Ways Seniors Can Up Their Activity Level
- Skip the curbside mailbox and walk into the post office instead.
- Take your dog for a short 10 minute walk instead of letting her out in the back.
- Eliminate the elevator. If elimination is too much to ask… try to dramatically reduce your use of elevators and take the stairs from time to time.
- Seniors should stretch every morning. Whether you’re meeting with your personal trainer or not… make sure you stretch 10 minutes a day.
- Walk to the library once a week. You can grab some reading material and get a workout at the same time. Many seniors enjoy exercising at home but it’s fun to get outside and walk either with a friend or with your personal trainer.